City of Perth Aspire Award
The City of Perth Aspire Award is a $10,000 grant awarded annually to an individual representing a non-profit/corporate organisation in the following areas: Tourism, Resources and Energy | Education | Technology and Innovation | Medical Life Sciences. The successful applicant will be asked to represent the City of Perth in relevant marketing engagements relevant to their field.
City of Fremantle Aspire Award
The City of Fremantle Aspire Award is a $5,000 grant awarded to an individual representing a non-profit association in the City of Fremantle. Entry is open to all not-for-profit incorporated association members in the mining and resources, health, education, science and technology, business, environment and heritage, retail, and arts and culture industries, who either work or reside in the City of Fremantle. Please note, City of Fremantle staff are not eligible to apply.
Curtin University Aspire Award
Funded by Business Events Perth, the Curtin University Aspire Award is a $5,000 scholarship that is granted to a Curtin staff member. All Curtin University staff and faculty are encouraged to apply.
Defence West Aspire Award
Funded by Business Events Perth, the Defence West Aspire Award consists of a $5,000 grant that is awarded to an individual from a Western Australian based organisation within the defence industry.
Edith Cowan University Aspire Award
Funded by Business Events Perth, the Edith Cowan University Aspire Award is a $5,000 scholarship that is granted to an ECU staff member. All ECU staff and faculty are encouraged to apply.
Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research Aspire Award
Funded by Business Events Perth, the Harry Perkins Aspire Award is a $5,000 grant that is awarded to a Harry Perkins staff member.
Murdoch University Aspire Award
Funded by Business Events Perth, the Murdoch University Aspire Award is a $5,000 scholarship that is granted to a Murdoch staff member. All Murdoch University staff and faculty are encouraged to apply.
Perron Institute for Neurological and Translational Science Aspire Award
Funded by Business Events Perth, the Perron Institute Aspire Award is a $5,000 grant that is awarded to a Perron Institute staff member.
Business Events Perth Regional Aspire Award
As part of Business Events Perth's desire to support the many individuals doing incredible work in Western Australia’s rural, regional, and remote areas, the Regional Aspire Award was created to support these academics, researchers, experts and entrepreneurs. This $5,000 grant is awarded to an individual working at a not-for-profit, association, university, medical or community organisation in regional Western Australia.
Telethon Kids Institute Aspire Award
Funded by Business Events Perth, the Telethon Kids Institute Aspire Award consists of two (2) $5,000 grants awarded to Telethon Kids Institute staff members.
The University of Notre Dame Aspire Award
Funded by Business Events Perth, The University of Notre Dame Aspire Award is a $5,000 scholarship that is granted to a Notre Dame staff member. All Notre Dame staff and faculty are encouraged to apply.
Spinnaker Health Research Foundation: Barry Marshall Travel Award
In 1983 Professor Barry Marshall AC, Patron of the Spinnaker Health Research Foundation and Nobel Prize Laureate, received a travel grant from the then Medical Advisory Committee of Fremantle Hospital, while a young registrar at that hospital. This grant gave Prof Marshall the opportunity to present his preliminary findings on the Helicobacter pylori research which ultimately earned him and his colleague Dr Robin Warren AC a joint Nobel Prize. Professor Marshall credits this travel grant as providing the means by which he was able to convince his peers of the significance of their discovery and, ultimately, led to simple, lifesaving treatments for peptic ulcers and stomach cancer. The Barry Marshall Travel Award has been established to pay tribute to Professor Marshall’s great achievements and to foster a culture of inspiration, innovation and information sharing. Business Events Perth is honoured to support Professor Barry Marshall AC and Mrs Adrienne Marshall and the Spinnaker Health Research Foundation in part funding these awards.
Barry Marshall Travel Award eligibility
- The grants are open to health professionals and medical researchers, including clinicians, allied health staff and scientists, based at a campus of South Metropolitan Health Service (SMHS) or collaborating universities and health research institutes within the south metropolitan region of Perth
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate how their research benefits the community of south metropolitan Perth and demonstrably impacts, influences or informs treatment and patient care in the hospitals of SMHS
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate confirmation of the invitation to present at the elected conference or meeting and acceptance of the abstract by the conference organiser
- Travel must be completed within six months of the date of award
- Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate intention to undertake activity in addition to the conference or meeting attendance such as visiting other institutions, engagement with conference organisers and peak bodies in the region they visit
- Where possible, applicants will be asked to facilitate connections between the conference and meeting organisers and/or peak professional body in the case the conference could be held in Western Australia in the future
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously received a Barry Marshall Travel Award
For more information on the awards and the application process, please go to the Spinnaker Health Research Foundation’s website - https://www.spinnakerhealth.org.au/education-research/grant-categories/