Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Australia is currently responding to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). Business Events Perth is following the advice of Government. Our primary concern is to ensure our partners, members and event delegates are aware of the latest travel and gathering restrictions in place in Australia and are taking the best possible precautions to protect themselves from COVID-19.
The Western Australian Government has declared a State of Emergency in response to COVID-19 and has developed a roadmap, based on National Cabinet principles and health advice.
Due to the world-leading response to COVID-19 in Western Australia, the state is now in Phase 5 of its roadmap, with following restrictions in place:
- No venue capacity restrictions
- Contact registers mandatory at all businesses
- Restricted access to remote Aboriginal communities
- WA controlled border arrangement (see below)
For more information on current restrictions in Western Australia, see here.
Western Australia State Border
Western Australia currently has a controlled border in place, meaning that travel into the State may be subject to restrictions; see here for current information on travelling to WA.
International travel to Australia
Australia’s borders are closed to all international destinations, with the exception of New Zealand. Only Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members, and New Zealanders can travel to Australia.
This border closure was implemented on midnight Saturday 28 March 2020, and as such all travellers arriving in Australia via air or seaports must undergo 14 days isolation in the city of their arrival.
Quarantine-free travel between Australia and New Zealand commenced in April 2021, and allows all travellers who have been in either Australia or New Zealand for 14 days to travel by air between Australia and New Zealand quarantine-free, without the need to apply for a travel exemption. This arrangement is subject to any changes however; current travel advice can be found here.
Where can I find more information?
- Australian Government
- The Government of Western Australia - Latest updates
- SafeWA app - Click here to download
- Western Australian Department of Health
- Australia Government Department of Health
- Travel advice
- World Health Organisation – Coronavirus Fact Page
- World Health Organisation – Coronavirus Q&A
- National Coronavirus Helpline – call 131 450 or 1800 020 080
- Download the Australian Government Coronavirus App to access to access up-to-date official information. Available on Android and Apple.
- Do your best to stay informed and use information from reputable sources, for example the coronavirus section of the WA Department of Health.