CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
Published 26 June 2020
Australia is currently responding to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Western Australian Government has declared a State of Emergency in response to COVID-19 and has developed a WA Roadmap to stopping the spread of coronavirus in our state.
The roadmap has been developed in conjunction with National Cabinet principles and is based on the best health advice.
Due to the world-leading response to COVID-19 in Western Australia, on Saturday 27 June the state entered Phase 4 of its plan, removing all restrictions.
Business Events Perth is following the advice of Government. Our primary concern is to ensure our partners, members and event delegates are aware of the latest travel and gathering restrictions in place in Australia and are taking the best possible precautions to protect themselves from COVID-19.
We are looking forward to meeting again in our beautiful state, when it is safe to do so.
WA State Borders
The Western Australian State borders are closed to all interstate and international visitors excluding essential services.
The removal of the state’s hard border is planned as part of phase 6 in the WA recovery plan, but no date has been set.
The WA hard border will only be removed when the WA Chief Health Officer is confident the spread of infection is controlled in the eastern states.
International travel to Australia
Australia’s borders are closed. Only Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members can travel to Australia.
From midnight Saturday 28 March, all travellers arriving in Australia via air or seaports must undergo 14 days isolation in the city of their arrival.
Where can I find more information?
- Australian Government
- Western Australian Department of Health
- Australia Government Department of Health
- Travel advice
- World Health Organisation – Coronavirus Fact Page
- World Health Organisation – Coronavirus Q&A
- National Coronavirus Helpline – call 131 450 or 1800 020 080
- Download the Australian Government Coronavirus App to access to access up-to-date official information. Available on Android and Apple.
- Do your best to stay informed and use information from reputable sources, for example the coronavirus section of the WA Department of Health.