CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
Published 3 April 2020
On 11 March 2020, The World Health Organisation made the assessment that COVID-19 could be characterised as a pandemic.
A National Cabinet of the Prime Minister and State and Territory leaders is meeting regularly to inform Australia’s response to stop the spread of the virus.
Significant restrictions on travel and social gatherings are currently in place in Western Australia.
Business Events Perth is closely monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19 and following the advice of Government.
Our primary concern is to ensure our partners, members and event delegates are aware of the latest travel and gathering restrictions in place in Australia, and are taking the best possible precautions to protect themselves from COVID-19.
The health and safety of our members, employees and delegates continues to be our top priority.
Where can I find more information?
- Australian Government
- Western Australian Department of Health
- Australia Government Department of Health
- Travel advice
- World Health Organisation – Coronavirus Fact Page
- World Health Organisation – Coronavirus Q&A
- National Coronavirus Helpline – call 131 450 or 1800 020 080
- Download the Australian Government Coronavirus App to access to access up-to-date official information. Available on Android and Apple.
- Do your best to stay informed and use information from reputable sources, for example the coronavirus section of the WA Department of Health.