Round Two applications of the Access Asia Business Grants opened on February 28.
These grants help small to medium business enterprises (SMEs), industry associations and bilateral business councils advance their international business efforts in Asian markets.
The grants, which are an initiative of the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation and administered by Invest and Trade Western Australia, offer funding of up to $10,000 across two funding rounds each year to eligible Western Australian small to medium business organisations and associations working in one of the six priority sectors as identified by the state government’s economic development framework, Diversify WA, and Western Australia’s Asian Engagement Strategy 2019-2030: Our Future with Asia.
- International education
- Mining and mining equipment, technology and services (METS)
- Primary industries
- Technology and advanced manufacturing
- Tourism, events and creative industries
- Increase investment, trade and exports between Western Australia and Asia
- Support the diversification of the Western Australian economy
- Increase jobs for Western Australians
Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Macau, Maldives, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
What the grant will fund
Grants can be used to support attendance or hosting Asian business events/ expo/trade visits, developing Asian business marketing collateral, cultural business competency and other strategic trade and investment activities that help build businesses' capacity to trade with Asia.
How to apply
- Refer to the Grant Guidelines when applications open
- Register online
- Contact Access Asia Business Grants
Phone: 61+ 8 6277 2927
- Contact the Government of Western Australia global offices
- Apply online
To find out more, visit the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation Access Asia Business Grants webpage.