A new era is dawning for business events in Perth, Western Australia with the Perth Convention Bureau marking a decade of substantial change in the capital city, by changing its name to Business Events Perth.
Speaking at the Asia Pacific Incentives Meetings Event 2020 in Melbourne, Business Events Perth Chief Executive Officer Gareth Martin said after 48 years of operation the organisation’s new name reflected not only a new identity, but a re-energised strategy to lure events and conferences to Western Australia.
“I am delighted to launch our new business name and identity, Business Events Perth, which, in a world focused on growth and opportunity, more accurately defines modern day conferences, tradeshows and corporate events,” Mr Martin said.
“Our new name better reflects our purpose to attract and support business events in Western Australia and now, more than ever before, Western Australia and Perth have the infrastructure, product and experiences to deliver world class business events.”
Over the past 10 years Perth has undergone significant transformation, with an unprecedented investment in infrastructure, hotels and venue space creating a vibrant and cosmopolitan capital city. Business travellers can also benefit from non-stop direct flights to Perth from London and Tokyo, with 19 international and 12 domestic and regional airlines, connecting travellers to more than 110 destinations around Australia and overseas.
“When you combine the natural beauty of Perth that offers a range of high-quality activities outside the conference room, with the likes of the new waterfront at Elizabeth Quay, Crown Towers development, the award-winning 60,000 seat Optus Stadium, new transport links and a substantial increase in new hotels and floor space, in a safe and clean city, Perth has one of the strongest offerings for the business events market in the world.”
“Put simply, it has never been a better time to bring your delegates to Perth.”
For more information please visit www.businesseventsperth.com.
Media contact: Vivienne Ryan on 0412 682 129
History of Business Events Perth
- Established in 1972, Business Events Perth (formerly known as Perth Convention Bureau) is responsible for attracting international and interstate business events to Western Australia.
- Supported by the Western Australian Government (through Tourism WA), the City of Perth and industry members, Business Events Perth drives the business events sector in Western Australia by marketing the City and State as a premium business events destination.
Facts about Perth, Western Australia
- Late 2021: Perth Airport Link trainline will commence operations, connecting Perth Airport to the CBD, cutting travel time to the CBD down by 18 minutes.
- 2020: late- the new Perth Museum will open in the Perth CBD.
- 2020: Singapore Airlines announces additional fifth daily Singapore-Perth flight
- 2019: Ritz-Carlton Perth opens in Perth, the only Ritz-Carlton in Australia.
- 2018: 60,000 seat Optus Stadium opened. Winner of the 2019 Prix Versailles Architecture Award for the “Most Beautiful Stadium in the World”.
- 45% increase in four and five-star accommodation in Perth over the past three years
- 2016: Perth hosted 8,766 delegates to the LNG 18 global gas conference.
- A range of exciting tourism offerings from whale watching on the Indian Ocean, world-renowned Margaret River wine region, catching rock lobsters, visiting penguin island all a day trip from Perth.
Image Copyright Tourism Western Australia